We process your personal information only as it might be needed for us to provide you with products and services, websites, apps (collectively, our “Services”). We also collect and use personal data for the following purposes: to respond to general enquiries and requests sent to us, marketing analytics and personalized communications and direct marketing.
As part of our processing for these purposes, we share your information with suppliers who act on our behalf for services such as IT support, website support, sales and marketing services.
This Policy is intended to explain you what data we process, why and how we use your personal data and your rights.
If at any time you have questions about our Services you may reach our Data Protection Officer – “DPO” – and our dedicated team that supports this office by contacting us at [email protected]. This inbox is monitored and actively managed because your privacy protection is not only important for you but very important to us as well.
What information do we collect?
We aim to provide a better, tailored experience for you, looking to improve and optimize the performance as well. Personal data is collected in this regard directly from you when you:
- register and fill in your data in “My Account” section or purchase any of our Services;
- complete contact forms or request updates, newsletters, personalized communications or participate in contest or surveys, apply for an open position in our company, or otherwise participate in activities which may need your personal information;
- request assistance / support.
Your personal data includes information such as:
- Contact details – Includes your full name, address or other contact information including telephone and e-mail address details but other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
- Website, electronic communication and app device usage – We will collect information such as if you open or engage with our e-mail communications or if you use any CG Tech Labs platforms, online brochures. We will collect usage and online behavior information through cookies, your IP address or other tracking technologies such as pages visited, where you joined our site from, the path you take through our sites and when / where you leave, browser, type of device, how long you visited for including collecting your mobile device location details (if permitted within the App settings), links clicked, items or services purchased, various data including analytics and other types of interaction with our Services. You can read more about the cookie policies at cgtechlabs.com/cookies.
Not all the methods of collection may be obvious for you and they may vary from time to time therefore we will highlight and explain what these might be.
General account related data – account identifier, purchases, dates at which product expire or are renewed or similar information sent or requested.
Data about Usage of Services – this type of data is usually automatically collected. This includes activity log, metadata, page load time and performance parameters, approximate location to improve our Services (DNS resolution optimization, routing, network and server configuration), language preferences, information on browser configuration and plugins and cookie data. Unique device identifiers and error data might be also collected.
Additional Supplemented Data might be requested from other sources and it may include information about you. This includes publicly available databases or third parties from whom we gathered or purchased data. For us to provide a better experience for you, this information may be combined with the already existing data we collected and stored. The main purpose of this practice is improving the accuracy of our records, identify new potential customers and provide tailored products and services. If you provide us personal information about other entities or about you, we will use that information only for the specific purpose you provided that.
How we use your information and lawful basis for processing
We are aiming to keep the amount of data we process about you to a minimum and also aiming to limit its use and purpose to only the data we have been given permission to collect; to process only the necessary data in order to properly deliver the Services; or, as we might be required for legal compliance or other lawful purposes. To do so, we have considered the impact on your interests and rights, and have placed appropriate safeguards to ensure that the intrusion on your privacy is reduced as much as possible.
We use your personal data for the following purposes and we are allowed to do so, on certain legal bases which are outlined below:
- Services usage / customer requests – To operate and improve our Services and fulfil requests you submit to us such as software development requests, when buying products, marketing tasks or other type of request through e-mail, CG Tech Labs web platform or app.
- Support and problem diagnose – Identify any security risks, errors or enhancements that might be required from the Services.
- Detect and prevent abuse of our systems.
- Creating statistics and analytics aggregation.
- Understanding the usage of our Services by you and our other customers so that we provide relevant recommendations.
Your personal data may be shared with affiliate companies, partners and trusted third parties service providers as needed for them to provide services on our behalf (e.g. customer relationship management, payment processing – including credit card payments, ad services, surveys, statistics, contests, customer demographics, communication).
In the case of a merger, acquisition or sale of all or substantially all of our assets we may share your information with the new entity or other third parties for the purpose of facilitating this. The acquiring company / entity may continue to process and utilize your personal data in the manner for which it was provided.
You may update your subscription preferences with respect to receiving communications from us and / or our partners by contacting us at [email protected].
If you consider that your personal information was provided to us and you would like to remove it from our database, please send a request at [email protected].
If you make a request to delete your personal data and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will have effect only to the extent the data is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
Transfer of personal data abroad
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process, to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
We will take reasonable steps to inform you in the event that we receive a request to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process to the extent we are legally permitted to do so.
How long do we keep your information for?
We enforce generally accepted standards to secure the personal data we collect starting from the moment when the data is collected up to the moment it is processed, received and stored. Data processing is subject to encryption where appropriate.
We are storing website data against unique ID’s and this data is retained only for as long as necessary to provide the Services and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business, or needed to manage proper and accurate business and financial records, or for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal and / or contractual rights and to ensure we are able to deal with any queries you may have with regards to the Services or to support any legal claims process - we may hold this data for a indefinite period, if we are legally required to do so.
Our Services are designated for purchase only for those over the age of 18. Our Services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us at [email protected].
Under the Data Protection Laws you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right to object to processing of your personal data
- Right to request a copy of your personal data and information on how we process it
- Right to request to move, copy or transfer your personal data (data portability)
- Right for your personal data to be erased
- Right for your personal data to be corrected in a timely manner
- Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
- Right to restrict your personal data being processed
To exercise your rights please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact details provided in this document. We aim to respond within 30 days after confirming your identity (as required in the process).
How to contact us
If you would like to get in touch, to amend any personal details, amend any marketing preferences, ask privacy-related questions or have any other questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer as below:
- By e-mail: [email protected]
- By mail: Office DPO, 313B Splaiul Independentei St., building C3, floor 9, unit 70, Sector 6, 060042, Bucharest, Romania
- By phone: (+40) 720.432.006